This month is already booming and blooming with countless blessings and opportunities and I’m so thankful. Last week I traveled out to Virginia Beach to conduct an audit for my program and things went very well. *** Insert confetti emoji here
I always enjoy traveling to Virginia Beach as that affords me an opportunity to spend time with my family and friends. So much has changed in the 7-cities over the years which makes it the perfect landscape for site-seeing and exploring new places and things and that always gets me excited. I’m a sucker for new experiences, new books, new shoes, and new handbags! 🙂
I had a BLAST while I was on travel. I ate good, I partied hard, and I lived every. single. day. as if it were an adventure.
What you likely didn’t see, was the grind that was happening in the background. You didn’t see me pouring over countless emails, and streaming together documents. Nor did you see me working during the wee hours of the morning, reviewing documentation to ensure that my “I’s” were dotted and that my “T’s” were crossed. You didn’t see the preparation that came prior to the performance. And often times in life, you don’t.
When I’m out and about I share a few tidbits of my life on social and often times those tidbits are misconstrued. Folks tend to think that I’ve got it all. Folks tend to assume that they would “rather be me” or live the life that I live so that they can have the things that I have. The funny thing is that much of my life isn’t pictured on Instagram, or captured in a story. I had a rather hard life growing up. I’ve experienced some really unfortunate things. I say all of this to say that you should NEVER, EVER want to be someone else. You should never EVER assume that someone else’s life is so much better than yours. You should simply seek opportunities, and strive with great fervor and intention to make your life a life worth living, a life worth doing, and a life worth REMEMBERING.
Though it took some time to get to this point, I am completely in love with the life I have. I am in love with the person I AM. and I only strive to do the things that I CAN DO. What I mean by this is, I am content with MY place in this world. I do the things that I DO because I WANT TO DO THEM. Not because I’m trying to impress my supporters or (silent non-supporters), Not because I feel the need to prove a point to someone. Not because I need to feel relevant or validated. But SIMPLY and SOLEY because I enjoy doing it.
At the beginning of the year, each year I choose a word. This year my word was CONTENTMENT.
Contentment is the key to joy and abundance and it becomes ever more prevalent in our lives when we make a conscious decision to practice it daily.
Here’s a few tips to finding contentment with where you are at this moment in your life.
- Take a moment to reflect on something that you have done well or something that you are proud of achieving- now, write it down and read it every morning or when you catch yourself feeling down about yourself. If you haven’t quite achieved the things you want to achieve, perhaps you need a boost of encouragement. TEDTalks are AMAZING!!!! Start there and get inspired
- Write out a list of gratitude–– I swear to you, gratitude lists are truly BAE and they’re a great way to reset and regroup when things don’t seem to be working out.
- Meditate on your desires and focus your energy on the steps you must take to pursue the life and things that you desire to have. Faith without work is DEAD. Have the faith and DO THE WORK.
- Read books about people who have been where you are and research what they did to get to where you want to go and then I REPEAT… DO THE WORK!
- HAVE Indestructible Faith in what you are trying to accomplish and your your ability to actually achieve it. If you are doubtful that good things can happen to you, if you don’t believe that you have what it takes to do the things that you desire to do, then you’ve already lost. You must first believe before you can succeed.